When sitting down to write a resume, it is very common for people to feel overwhelmed by the prospect of listing every accomplishment they've ever acquired. How do I sell myself in just one document? What do recruiters deem important when shuffling through a pile of resumes? What if I don't have any experience?
EBR Consulting is here to help you answer the questions that are barring you from achieving career empowerment. Whether you're a recent college graduate, are in between jobs, or are looking to change your career path, our resume professionals are here to help you tell your story in a way that stands out to the companies you're applying for.
It may seem paradoxical, but searching for a full-time job often feels like a full-time job in itself (sans salary). EBR is here to help lessen the burden your job search puts on your everyday life by getting to the bottom of what makes you special, identifying the unique ways in which you're qualified for the position, and ultimately, optimizing your resume in a way that makes recruiters take a second glance.
We begin our writing process by sitting down with you one-on-one to learn more about you, your goals, and what you're looking for in a career. Each resume session typically follows this procedure:
- Defining your job search
- Gathering basic information (contact information, employment history, education, etc.)
- Getting to the bottom of what makes you special (skills, career accomplishments, certifications, etc.)
- Pulling together additional information (professional affiliations, volunteer work, etc.)
- Choosing the right format and layout specific to your industry
- Creating the content in a way that is unique to you
Cover Letter Review & Development
A properly executed cover letter is often an afterthought when applying for a position. But a well-written cover letter is what conveys your interest and enthusiasm for the company you're applying for. For many recruiters, this can make all the difference! A cover letter that is poorly written, not engaging, or doesn't convince the employer that your unique skill set and desires align with their organization can often get you passed over.
EBR Offers Two Options:
Cover Letter Review
- You submit a preexisting cover letter, resume, and job description to our team.
- We review them to check for aligning skills and values.
- We'll send back a list of revisions that will make you stand out more as a candidate.
Cover Letter Development
- You'll submit a pre-written cover letter, resume, and job description.
- We'll review the documents.
- A resume professional will rework your cover letter to sound professional, dynamic, and captivating to potential employers.
LinkedIn Profile Review
In your modern-day job search endeavors, having a captivating LinkedIn profile can prove to be highly beneficial in the professional world. In fact, most recruiters search your LinkedIn profile before moving forward with the initial interview process! The tried-and-true saying "you never get a second chance to make a great first impression" very much applies here. If you don't have a LinkedIn profile or are looking to update yours in a way that is optimized to the current job market, EBR can help you build your online presence and brand.
How It Works:
- We perform a comprehensive review of your profile, including aesthetics, content, and settings.
- You'll receive a list of suggested revisions to make your profile professional, engaging, and searchable to potential employers.
- If you don't have a profile already, we'll help you build one from the ground up!
Career & Interview Coaching
Rather than taking on the role of a traditional "career coach," the professionals at EBR Consulting act as career transition mentors. Instead of simply making suggestions and pushing a process, we walk you through the entire journey from start to finish. Not only do we want to help you find the right career—we want you to become the best version of yourself outside of your employment.
Good coaches are honest and direct with their clients, and if you're applying for a position that might be a bit of a reach, we'll tell you. Our mentors will help determine why you might not be deemed qualified and will work with you to build the skills you need to get the position you want.
- Make the job search less confusing and stressful.
- Make sure you're qualified for the positions you're going for.
- Help you determine what the right fit means to you personally.
- Teach you interview skills that will help you stand out from other candidates.
- Work on building your confidence by providing the right advice for your situation.
- Mentor you through negotiating a salary.